There are many elements to creating an effective video. Some of them you can outsource, like the crew, the set design and even the writing of your script. But there’s one thing that’s ultimately up to you, and that’s how well you present on camera.
Whether you film your videos yourself, or hire professionals to help you out, these tips will help you present like a professional.
1. Practice, Practice, Practice – Know your content. Know it so well that you can recite it in your sleep. The better rehearsed you are, the better able you will be to focus on connecting with your audience.
2. Be Passionate – Talk with passion about your subject. A high energy level and a smile is a great way to show the audience how passionate you are about your topic.
3. Be Engaging – Ditch the monotone! There is nothing less engaging than a video of a dry monotone and a blank expressionless face. Be someone people want to watch.
4. Play Pretend – Pretend the cameras aren’t there at all. The best way to connect with your audience is to talk to the camera as though you’re chatting with your best friend.
5. Look the Part – Make sure that your clothes, make up and even hairstyle are sending the right kind of message about you, your brand, and your product.
6. Get Help – If you’re still not entirely confident with your ability to look great on camera, that’s okay! On-camera training workshops are just one of the services that we offer to our clients. We can turn you from drab to fab in no time. Contact us now to find out how.
For more tips on how to improve your on camera presentation skills, watch this week’s video here:Share